Uniform and Equipment
We appreciate the support and co-operation of parents and carers in ensuring that their child complies with our very reasonable uniform code.
All pupils are expected to wear school uniform. Unless there are exceptional circumstances.
Our Uniform Comprises Of:
- Black smart trousers, or
- Black knee length skirt, or
- Black tailored shorts
- White polo shirts
- Black sweatshirt or jumper
- Plain black flat shoes or trainers (no logos or coloured stripes/laces etc.)
- Plain black shorts
- Plain black tracksuit
- House colour t-shirt
- Plain white or plain black sports socks
The Following Are Not Allowed in School
- Facial piercings
- Exposed body piercings
- Jewellery (one pair of stud earrings is allowed – no hoops)
- Oversized hair accessories
- Excessive make-up
- False nails
- Extreme or inappropriate hair styles
School reserves the right to decide what is acceptable in terms of hair, jewellery etc. on a case-by-case basis and if in any doubt please consult school before allowing your child to have a radical re-style.
- Long hair must be tied back
- Hair mustn’t be shaved below number 2
- Designs must not be shaved into the hair
- Pupils are not allowed to colour their hair unless for fundraising activities at school
- Pupils should only wear one pair of stud earrings. Hoops are not suitable for school
- All earrings will be removed for PE in line with Health and Safety guidance
- A small watch may also be worn. No other jewellery should be worn.
- If a student has other items they will be removed for collection at the end of the school day
Pupils need to bring in a pencil case containing:
- Handwriting pen/s
Please label equipment with your child’s name if possible.
Whilst school is in no way liable for any personal items lost or damaged during the day, we do keep a lost property store. It helps if parents label sweatshirts, coats, equipment etc. with their child’s name.
Grange Academy is a Unicef Gold Rights Respecting School and Gold Artsmark School. Ofsted rated ‘Good with outstanding leadership’ (July 2017).
Telephone: 01234 407100 – Fax: 01234 407110 – Office Email: email@example.com